This is fabulous opportunity to work on one of Scotland’s top ski resorts.
General Manager, CairnGorm Mountain
CairnGorm Mountain is the most popular snow sports destination in Scotland, located within the Cairngorms National Park, and has been offering snow sports for over 50 years. The resort is a major tourist hub and it provides an uplift system to the top of Cairngorm. In winter, the Resort is a commercial ski operation. In summer the Resort serves as a summer tourist destination for walkers and nature lovers. The Resort offers the only funicular railway in Scotland taking visitors up to the UK’s highest Restaurant and impressive views of Britain’s highest mountain plateau. The Resort and surrounding areas contain unique natural habitats and wildlife protected by EU legislation. Due to retirement we are now recruiting for a new General Manager, details below.
The General Manager role is vital for the success of Cairngorm Mountain both in making the vision come to life through offering fantastic service and standards to our customers, and also in the running of a site efficiently and profitably.
The General Manager is ultimately responsible for the daily management of the site and its team and is accountable for the overall financial performance of the site and levels of customer satisfaction as well as all the operational aspects of all areas of the attraction. They have commercial accountability for budgeting and financial management, planning, organising and directing all services including leisure activities, retail, food and beverage operations, mechanical equipment and maintenance of every aspect of the location.
The General Manager will take a strategic overview and plan ahead to maximise profits and will also set the example to deliver a safe standard of service and presentation that meets visitor’s needs and expectations from a luxury operator. Role responsibilities include:
- To manage and report on all financial aspects of the operation
- To cost effectively manage all technical aspects of the Funicular Railway, Snow sports uplift, infrastructure and vehicles as well as managing all health and safety aspects
- To ensure all visitors receive amazing customer service across all aspects of the site and that employees appropriately acknowledge every customer throughout their journey
- Lead, inspire and champion all teams, encouraging on-going development and progression and oversee all aspects of staff management
- To work with each team to drive their sales through varied marketing initiatives and to be involved with the local community and stakeholders as the face of the mountain, attending meetings and events being an ambassador of CairnGorm Mountain.
Apply with detailed CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref CMLGM03.